Wednesday, October 6, 2010

EOC Week 1: Excellent customer service

“We decided if we can put all the money possible into our customer service, word of mouth will work in our favor.” Aaron Magness, Marketing and Introduction Page 3. I once bought a CD from a store, brand new and the case was never opened. I went home and when I opened the case I found that the CD was broken, there was a crack in the CD. I called the store and the person I talked to was very nice. She said that I could call the company who made the CD or I could come into the store within the next week and they could take care of the problem for me. I went to the store a few days later, but I forgot my receipt. When I got to the counter the woman said it was no problem, they just used my phone number to see the time I made the purchase because I used a card. They told me that I could either get a refund of the amount for the CD or I could make an exchange. I still wanted the CD so I said I would make an exchange. They had someone bring me a replacement CD and they rang it up and I was free to go. They were helpful, understanding and responsible. I had no problems with any of the people I dealt with and no managers had to be called. It was a great experience. I would definitely go back there again and again because of the way they handled that situation. I’ve told several people of my experience and they were impressed that I had no problems, even without my receipt.

No comments:

Post a Comment